Birthdays for Sun's Nakshatra by Joni Patry
4 Aug 2012
The Moon is more important than the Sun's nakshatra but you must have a chart done to know your Moon's nakshatra. Each month of the lunar calendar in India is named by the name of the nakshatra that the Moon is Full in that specific month. Their calendar is based on the cycle of the Moon. So it is only 27-28 days long.
Sun's Positions of the Nakshatras (Birthstars)
1. Ashwini (The Horse Goddess) April 15-April 28
Regal, proud nature, excellent business skills, aggressive, militant, leadership, authority positions, and desire to power and fame. Famous people: Al Pacino, J. P. Morgan, Charlie Chaplin, Barbara Streisand.
2. Bharani (The River of Souls) April 28-May 12 Intelligent, tactful, fame, respected, wealth, creative nature, issue with anger and pride and militant nature. Famous people: Sigmund Freud, Jack> Nicholson, Saddam Hussein, Orson Welles.
3. Krittika (The Pleiades) May 12-May 26 Spiritual warrior, disciplined, leadership, power over the masses, issues with authority, solitude, gifts in music, dance and drama, angry temperament, destructive. Famous people: Pope John Paul II, Swami Muktananda, Cher, Jim Jones, Janet Jackson.
4. Rohini (The Red Goddess, Aldebaran) May 26-June 8 Beautiful, seductive, sensual, artistic nature, strong emotions, poetic and musical gifts, robust nature, well-liked and many friends. Famous people: Marilyn Monroe, JFK, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood.
5. Mrigashira (Orion) June 8-June 22 Adventurous, courageous, athletic, competitive, leadership, authority figure, poetic and writing skills, jack of all trades, creative, and indulgent nature and laziness. Famous people: Jacques Cousteau, Venus Williams, George Bush, Judy Garland, Frank Lloyd Wright.
6. Ardra (The Teardrop) June 22-Jul 6 Social skills, politically minded, mental instability, fickle, critical, dishonest, cunning, fierce activity and restless mind. Famous people: Princess Diana, Ross Perot, Clarence Thomas, Stan Grove. David Duke.
7. Punarvasu (The Light Bringer) July 6-July 20 Great intellectual prowess, gifts in the communication skills, emotionally overwhelmed, good social status. Famous people: John Chancellor, Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, OJ Simpson, Nelson Rockefeller.
8. Pushya (The Lotus) July 20-Aug 3 Good speech, authority figure, wealthy, successful, thrifty, sensitive, artistic nature, creativity in arts, and need for security. Famous people: Peter Jennings, Mick Jagger, Janet Reno, Benito Mussolini, Monica Lewinsky.
9. Ashlesha (The Serpent) Aug 3-Aug 17 Business-oriented, greedy, stubborn nature, opinionated, mystic, intuitive, good communication skills, erratic career, unpredictable, deceptive and evasive. Famous people: Whitney Houston, Queen Mother Elizabeth, Dustin Hoffman, Jerry Falwell, Lucille Ball.
10. Magha (The Ancestors) Aug 17-Aug 31 Leadership, authority positions, entertainment and musical skills, seeks attention, kingly, proud nature, connected to a spiritual lineage. Famous people: Bill Clinton, Lyndon Johnson, Alexander the Great, Sri Aurobindo, Michael Jackson.
11. Purva Phalguni (The World Tree Goddess) Aug 17-Sept 13 Gifted in the performing arts, sense of humor, self-confidence, recognition through connection with women, a showman, gifts in teaching and sales, athletic ability. Famous people: Richard Gere, Lily Tomlin, Jimmy Connors, Raquel Welch, Charles Kuralt.
12. Uttara Phalguni (The Marriage Goddess) Sept 13-Sept 27 Humanitarian concern, leadership, fond of reading and writing, confident, strong, pride, arrogance. Famous people: Oliver Stone, Ken Kelsey, Michael Douglas, H. G. Wells, Ray Charles, Sophia Loren.
13. Hasta (The Hand) Sept 27-Oct 11 Love of knowledge and writing, skilled with hands, attention to detail, excellent memory and analytical ability, gifts in music, dance and drama. Famous people: Anne Rice, John Lennon, Sting, Julie Andrews, Jimmy Carter.
14. Chitra (The Jewel, Spica) Oct 11-Oct 24 Warrior nature, militant, cunning, harsh at times, interest in art, photography and music, strong need for recognition. Famous people: Margaret Thatcher, Deepak Chopra, Eleanor Roosevelt, Barbara Walters.
15. Swati (Arcturus) Oct 24-Nov 7 Self-employed, business skills, logical, good social skills status, trouble with government, always looking for future success, difficulty with father. Famous people: Bill Gates, Johnny Carson, Hilary Clinton, Larry Flynt, Richard Dreyfus, Robert Duvall.
16. Vishakha (The Moon of Power)Nov 7-Nov 20 Self-centered nature, ambitious, introverted, secretive nature, trouble with authority figures, research oriented, scientific, restless nature, and alcohol problems. Famous people: Demi Moore, Tonya Harding, Prince Charles, Carl Sagan, Richard Burton, Whoopi Goldberg.
17. Anuradha (The Moon of Friendship) Nov 20-Dec 3 Leadership ability, interest in politics, important group affiliations, wealthy, respected, responsible, athletic, physical strength, determined, gifts in fine arts and creative. Famous people: Indira Gandhi, Sai Baba, Jodie Foster, Boris Baker, Woody Allen, Tina Turner, Calvin Klein, Jimi Hendrix.
18. Jyeshta (The Wisdom Crone, Antares) Dec 3-Dec 16 Attain fame but desire seclusion, ambitious nature, hard-working, high social status, good creative ability, family obligations and responsibilities, imaginative and innovative mind. Famous people: Frank Sinatra, Walt Disney, William Blake, Winston Churchill, Jim Morrison.
19. Mula (Foundation, The Galactic Center) Dec 16-Dec 29 Fame, success, wealth, powerful, strong, dictatorial nature, psychic, mystical interests, athletic ability and courage. Famous people: Howard Hughes, Steven Spielberg, Arthur Clarke, Swami Satchidananda, Jane Fonda, Henry Miller, Denzel Washington.
20. Purvashadha (The Moon of Early Victory) Dec 29-Jan 11 Leadership skills, philosophical, political interest, good speaking skills, slow but steady recognition and fame, humanitarian concern, charitable, interest in sports and competitive, strange personality challenges and zealous. Famous people: Paramahansa Yogananda, Richard Nixon, J. Edger Hoover, Earl Warren, Anthony Hopkins, Tiger Woods, Jimmy Bakker, Mary Taylor Moore, Joseph Stalin, Mel Gibson.
21. Uttarashadha (The Moon of Later Victory) Jan 11-Jan 25 Humanitarian, spiritual nature, desire to change social values, research oriented, learned, philosophical nature, controversial, fighter for cause with strong speech. Famous people: Mahesh Yogi, Howard Stern, Albert Schweitzer, Kevin Costner, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, G. I. Gurdjieff.
22. Shravana (The Moon of Listening) Jan 25-Feb 7 Political, pragmatic nature, successful, difficulties with superiors, rebellious, gifts in the communication skills, strong constitution and good health. Famous people: Paul Newman, Alan Alda, James Dean, Oprah Winfrey, Wayne Gretzky, Mozart.
23. Dhanishta (The Drummer) Feb 7-Feb 20 Courageous, strong, issue with anger, curious mind, research oriented, athletic, hard working, philosophical nature and irrational at time. Famous people: John McEnroe, John Grisham, Burt Reynolds, Ronald Reagan, Mia Farrow, Abraham Lincoln, Alfred Adler.
24. Satabhishak (The Divine Healer) Feb 20-Mar 4 Good intelligence and creative nature, hard working, humanitarian nature, needs external encouragement, and sickly. Famous people: Rudolph Steiner, Sidney Poitier, Mikhail Gorbachev, Ted Kennedy, George Harrison.
25. Purvabhadra (The Fire Dragon) Mar 4-Mar 17 Creative intelligence, detail work habits, dislike routine, need variety, writing skills, money nature, independent, need seclusion. Famous people: Albert Einstein, Billy Crystal, Jerry Lewis, James Taylor, Michael Caine.
26. Uttarabhadra (The Dragon of the Deep) Mar 18-April 1 Intelligent, quick-witted, creative work, peaceful nature, generous and charitable, mystical mind, good writing skill, diplomatic, cunning and secretive, hard working, speak softly and spiritual. Famous people: Elton John, Bruce Wills, Edger Cayce, Dane Rudhyar.
27. Revati (The Horse Goddess) April 1-April 15 Artistic nature, sensitive, psychic, humorous, unusual fame, interest in political science and law, philosophical nature, charitable, love to travel and desire changes. Famous people: Celine Dion, David Letterman, Ram Das of India, Eddie Murphy, Marlon Brando, Al Gore, Betty Ford, Hugh Hefner, Jerry Brown.
This brief description for each Nakshatra is provided as a very general introduction to Vedic astrology. The sun's position by Nakshatra is considered less important in Vedic astrology than the Moon¹s position in the Nakshatra. The dates given in this table are very approximate, since the Sun¹s motion isn¹t always constant (and that is why we have leap years). If you were born close to the beginning and ending dates listed, or if you want to learn about the significance of your Moon Nakshatra, you can consult Joni to precisely determine your Nakshatra.